Are You Ready For an Essential Healthcare Career?
Become a Medical Assistant with Training from LVC!
Are you searching for stability in a job market that can feel uncertain? If you are tired of your current job, and ready for a career that offers you stability and personal fulfilment, medical assisting could be a great choice for you! Las Vegas College (LVC) can train you for this essential healthcare career in a short amount of time, as few as 9 months! With LVC, you can learn the necessary administrative and clinical skills for employment, and gain the knowledge to test for valuable industry certifications. If you are ready for a career that is in demand in today’s job market, then consider LVC’s Medical Assisting program!
At LVC, we train students for careers that are in demand, and healthcare workers are essential to our healthcare system. Medical assistants are essential healthcare workers, working directly with both patients and other healthcare workers, including doctors, physicians, and nurses. Medical assistants work in doctor's offices, hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes, and other healthcare settings all across the country.
Medical assistants are responsible for both administrative and clinical tasks, and LVC’s Medical Assistant program trains students to fill a variety of positions in the medical field, including as a Medical Assistant, a Clinical or Administrative Assistant and a Medical Receptionist. LVC’s program provides hands-on training, allowing students to practice in real life situations, rather than learning just from textbooks, so that students are prepared for the realities of future employment. Learning from dedicated, experienced instructors, students in LVC’s Medical Assistant program learn:
- Greeting patients and answering telephone calls
- Appointment scheduling
- Verifying patient information and health insurance
- Updating and filing patients' medical records
- Record management in medical recordkeeping systems, such as the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Completing and filing paperwork such as surgical permission forms, health check forms and insurance paperwork
- Preparing the examination rooms
- Preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies
- Measuring patients' vital signs
- Administering medications and injections
- Basic laboratory procedures
- Collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing
- Preparing the patient for any scheduled procedures, and answering questions they may have regarding the procedure
- How to assist physicians in medical office examinations
LVC’s Medical Assistant program is a diploma program that can be completed in as few as 9 months, and graduates of this program will receive their Certificate of Completion as well as will be prepared to test for the Medical Assistant National Certification from the NCCT.
If an essential healthcare career as a medical assistant sounds interesting to you, then give LVC a call at 702-745-8750 today! Las Vegas College (LVC) in Las Vegas, Nevada, offers programs designed for people just like you who want to train for new careers. Contact us to get started today - our admissions department is standing by to answer any questions you have about LVC and our medical assisting program. Don’t wait any longer to pursue an essential healthcare career- your new career begins here, with training from LVC!