LVC Offers 15-month RN-to-BSN Program
Are you currently working as a Registered Nurse? Are you interested in taking your career to the next level? Las Vegas College offers a 100% online RN-to-BSN program! LVC’s RN-to-BSN program is designed for students who are already Registered Nurses, and who wish to take their career to the next level by pursuing a Bachelor’s of Science Nursing (BSN) degree. Earning your BSN can qualify you for more advanced employment opportunities and make you a more appealing job candidate. With training from Las Vegas College, you can earn your Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in as few as 15 months!
Why pursue your BSN? If you are already working as a Registered Nurse, you may have found work in various settings, including hospitals, but as a BSN, you will have expanded opportunities for employment including in facilities requiring nurses to have a Bachelor’s degree. Obtaining your BSN will allow you to achieve a more advanced skill set beyond basic nursing skills, leading to clinical leadership, clinical education, case management, quality improvement/research, informatics, transitions of care and community care.
Las Vegas College’s RN-to-BSN program is a 100% online program. Designed specifically for busy working nurses, the fully online program can be completed in as few as 15 months! In order to enroll in the RN-to-BSN program, students must have already completed an Associate’s Degree at an accredited school of nursing, such as LVC’s AAS Nursing program.
The RN-to-BSN program expands upon students’ existing knowledge of the theories, concepts, and principles of nursing, and provides a focus on leadership, health assessments, bioethics and nursing research. LVC’s RN-to-BSN also delves into the important areas of community nursing and caring for complex acute and chronic health problems in today’s health care system.
In the RN-to-BSN program, LVC students learn how to:
- Integrate leadership skills to make decisions that promote high quality, effective, evidence-based care to clients across the lifespan.
- Use clinical judgment to provide safe, effective, evidence-based care to clients throughout the life span.
- Integrate current health care technology to support accurate patient care treatments and follow up plans.
- Apply health care policy concepts at the local, state, and national levels to promote the nursing scope of practice and continued growth and expansion of the profession.
- Analyze current evidence to promote and apply appropriate health care system changes required for health care access, equity, and reimbursement.
- Apply clinical judgment to provide nursing interventions to prevent individual and community diseases and illnesses across the lifespan.
- Continue one’s professional growth through life-long learning.
Graduates of the RN-to-BSN program will receive their Bachelor’s of Science, Nursing degree, and will be prepared for advanced nursing positions in hospitals, medical offices and various health care agencies which require nurses to have a Bachelor’s degree. The BSN graduate will be able to deliver culturally proficient care while meeting the physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs of clients.
Nurses are in high demand across the United States, and in Nevada the need is higher than the average (Careeronestop.org, 2021). According to a recent report, employers show a strong preference for hiring BSN program graduates (AACN, 2021). With Las Vegas College’s 100% online RN-to-BSN program, you can position yourself for more advanced employment opportunities by earning your Bachelor’s of Science, Nursing degree. If you are ready to take your nursing career to the next level, don’t wait any longer - call Las Vegas College at 702-745-8750 today! Contact us today, and earn your BSN degree in as few as 15 months!